CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Weary Traveller Returns

Well needless to say SF was beyond amazing! It was everything I had hoped for and more. I don't have the time to go into detail, but heres a very brief recap:


- The drive down went quite smoothly with the exception of the flat tire we got in Montana and had to replace at 11:00 pm
- The hostel was nice, and is situated on an old military fort. It was also surrounded by trees, almost like a park
- The pride festivities were insane! There were massive parties (with over 100 000 people) every night and the parade made me cry. It was a very long and very happy parade and I got a little emotional when I saw all the gay and lesbian families going by!
- The weather was fantastic, but a little chilly in the evenings, although I'm told that is normal.
- I spent to much shopping, but I got some nice things and I'm glad I did!


Vancouver:
- I got to meet up with some family friends and we went to the beach to check out hot men. We also played volleyball on the beach and had a lot of fun
- The gay bar was awesome there too! Lots of pretty boys and hot gogo dancers.
- My Ex got a little weird on the trip and apparently was/is going through a bunch of emotional stuff for some reason.
- The drive back was long but pretty and it went by quicker then expected.

Getting back to work is difficult, especially getting used to waking up at 6:00 am every morning again! :( So I'm very exhausted and going to bed right after this.

I don't think I'd worry to much about swine flu (officially H1N1), especially since one of my coworkers is on the local university research team and she is not too concerned. It's only really a threat if you have a poor or compromised immune system to begin with.

My question: Do you think it's worth spending more money on nicer clothes (within reason)?




0 comments: